JEWELRY CLEAN AND CARE
They make you sparkle a little more, keep the shine on!
- “Put your jewelry on last, and take them off first.” Put on your jewelry pieces after spraying perfume, makeup and hairdo, to avoid them getting in contact with any harsh products.
- Avoid contact with water as it can cause metal to rust and tarnish. Hot tub bath or never go swimming wearing your jewelry it can destroy the piece due to chlorine in the pool water. Avoid wearing jewelry to bed.
- Gently wipe your jewelry with a soft cotton cloth, it’s the best way to keep your jewelry stay in a good condition to avoid build-up of skin oils, lotions and other substances. Do not rub your jewelry too briskly, it can create scratches on the piece. Never use tissue or paper towel to clean silver.
- Please use non-abrasive materials, if in case you use any cleaning substance available in the market. Do not use the fine jewelry cleaners, on costume jewelry, as it can destroy the pieces.
- To clean fine jewelry, use mild soap and a soft toothbrush, soak them in a mild water with a non-detergent soap for 10 minutes. Dip it in a plain alcohol before soaking, to get greasy build-up off diamond jewelry and dry them before storing them back in the box. Use warm water as the cold water can create discoloration.
- Coat your costume jewelry with clear nail polish, as it will prevent tarnishing and turning your skin green. This will increase their lifespan.
- To avoid scratching, chipping and entanglement; please store your pieces in individual pouches. Specifically, Pearls and Opals, needs to breathe, so keep them in fabric pouches instead of plastic. Store bead necklaces flat, if threaded with a silk thread, as they stretch in time, specifically pearls.
- Keep a silica gel pack in your jewelry box, they can easily be found in new handbags, shoe boxes or many different products. These packs are to absorb moisture and keeps the products safe. You can also store your jewelry with anti-tarnish paper.
- Store them in a cool and dry place, as humidity and sunlight, both can ruin both real and costume pieces. Do not store them in the bathroom, the moisture and steam can damage metal and stones, especially silver pieces. Extreme temperatures affect the luster of your jewelry.
- Be careful when you remove your jewelry to wash your hands, do not keep them on the rim of the sink where it can easily slip down the drain.
- If ever in doubt, take your jewelry to any local repair jewelry stone and consult. Especially in the summer months, jewelry requires some extra care. So after summer, you can take your jewelry to a local jeweler.